Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New rug!

It's been forever since I posted anything. I either forget to take a before picture or I haven't done anything. The latter is the most likely. Anyway, I am on summer break, so I have some time to do stuff!  I've been looking for a rug for my living room for the better part of 5 years.  I'm both picky and cheap, so it's been a long haul. On a recent trip to Home Goods (TJ Maxx) I saw a yellow and white chevron rug in woven cotton, but it was half the size of what I needed. Boo! They had two of them though, and at $15 a piece, I laid them out on the store floor to see if they somewhat lined up. It's not a perfect match of the lines, but it's close enough for me. I had to make Eddie swear he wouldn't obsess. :)  I already had the thread on hand, so there was no additional cost for that. Only HOURS of hand sewing them together.  I suppose some people could use a machine, but I wasn't willing to break mine to find out. After $30 and a few episodes of Myth Busters and a viewing of Nanny McPhee, I have a new rug.  Now to get a sticky liner so no one cracks their head open. :)

Before:
2 rugs becoming one (Avert your eyes!)

After:

I pretty much love it. I also know of two cats that will die if they hack up a furball on it.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I would never have guessed there were two by looking at the finished picture.
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete