Friday, June 8, 2012

Christmas Hats

I know this is going back a while, but I haven't posted things in a while, so you're all going to get a few out of date projects until I catch up to the relevant posts!  As you can see from the title, this one's from Christmas.  Using one old sweater and a borrowed sewing machine here's what I came up with for 2 nieces, and a nephew for Christmas (out of one sweater!). I also made some gloves, but I forgot to get a picture of those....oops!
The models are pretty stinkin' cute too, though that one up top (as you can see) was not such a willing participant!  I used one of my husbands old t-shirts for lining since the felted wool from the sweater would be itchy on little foreheads.
I love all the different colored stripes.  You could wear them with anything.  Plus I just kept getting new ideas as I made them.  Here's the detail on the owl hat.

So, there you have it.
-Jen



1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I think everyone should have their own owl hat...

    ReplyDelete